If you are advising a client who is considering a planned gift or bequest to Summit Health, Chambersburg Hospital, or Waynesboro Hospital, we welcome the opportunity to work with you in helping your client. Please use the below resources and tools and feel free to contact us any time for further information or assistance on a confidential basis.
Here is some basic information about our organization:
Charitable gifts should be directed to “Summit Health, a Pennsylvania 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, charitable organization, or its successor, Federal Tax Identification Number: 25-1515371 .”
or to one (or both) of it's hospitals (see EIN numbers below).
Tax I.D. Number
Summit Health's Tax ID number is 25-1515371 .
Chambersburg Hospital's Tax ID number is 23-0465970.
Waynesboro Hospital's Tax ID number is 23-1360854.
Consistent with safeguarding its own interests, Summit Health tries to make arranging a gift for the organization’s benefit as easy as possible, and we strive to honor the intentions of all our donors. Accordingly, we hope the following will prove helpful:
- Click here for suggested bequest wording.
- Please contact Deborah Strong for transfer instructions.
If one of your clients arranges an estate gift for the benefit of Summit Health, Chambersburg Hospital, or Waynesboro Hospital, we would very much appreciate knowing about the gift, both so we can express our sincere gratitude and – as noted above – so we can make sure we will be able to fulfill the donor’s wishes. Of course, we respect the fact that in some cases donors prefer to remain anonymous.
Still, if you are willing to serve as an intermediary, a client of yours can share information about his or her plans without divulging his or her identity.
- Click here to learn more about the Chambersburg Hospital Legacy Society and Waynesboro Hospital Legacy Society.
- Click here for a confidential form that can be used in notifying Summit Health or the hospital that an estate gift has been arranged for the charity's benefit.
Finally, we want to be of assistance to you in any way we can, whether you are simply looking for general information about charitable giving, considering particular options on behalf of a particular client, or needing our cooperation in the administration of a bequest or other type of planned gift.
- Contact us to discuss a potential – or even merely hypothetical – gift situation or to request a gift illustration.
- Give our online calculator a try.
- Click here for information on those of us at Summit Health who work in gift planning and gift administration.
Thank you for the work you do on behalf of your clients and our donors.